Business Card Printing Tips from the Pros
A good business card can attract your prospective business partner and customer from the get-go and provide your contact information in case they want to learn more about your business. Business card is usually printed on a small-sized paper with general information such as your name, your title, your company’s name, your company’s logo, your number, and email address. You can also add other necessary detail on your business card.
Even though it’s up to you how you design and print your business card Singapore, there are several business card printing tips from the pros that you might want to note.
1. Your Business Card Is Not Your Business Catalogue
Yes, a business card is a representation of your brand. But it doesn’t necessarily mean you have to introduce your complete business line and services on your card. Your business card is not a catalogue, but a contact information you share to other people. Too much content will make it difficult for people to digest. The content of your business card has to be short, concise, representing your brand, and attractive enough to make people want to keep it for a long time.
2. Pick the Right Size
The standard size for business card size is 3.5 x 2 inches. But since it is the standard, there are too many people who print their card in this size. So, if you want your business card to stick out, pick another size. Go unorthodox. Use another shape and or size that matches the look of your brand. You can try a slim business card which size is 2 x 1 inch, a square business card which size is 2 x 2 inches, or even bigger size.
3. Pick the Right Material and Thickness
If you want to use paper for your business card material, makes sure you pick the right material. There are several types that you can choose for your business card, such as 100 lb gloss cover, 14/16-point cardstock, and 32-point cardstock.
- 100 lb gloss cover is the cheapest material and it can be printed on common office printing machine. It’s thinner than standard business card (14/16-point cardstock) and is more bendable.
- 14/16-point cardstock is the standard business card. It is durable, easy to carry, and its thickness can withstand more wear and tear.
- 32-point cardstock is thicker than 14/16-point cardstock and gives off luxury feel. It is more durable, and also can withstand more tear and wear. Business professionals usually trade 16-point cards with each other so when someone hands them a thicker material, it will grab their attention which will be a positive point for your brand.
4. Choose the Right Finishes and Coatings
Finishes and coatings can elevate your business card look and it grabs attention. Some of the finishes and coatings are matte coating, spot UV/varnish, embossed finishes, foil stamped, die cut, edge colours, and folded finishes. Consult your need with your printing partners to choose the right finishes for your business card.