How To Create Your Clothing With On Demand Printing? Part 2
Taking Care Of The Shipment
It is known that shipping products to customers is your supplier’s vocation. However, as an aspiring e-commerce seller such as name card provider, you need to build trust and provide a positive first impression to your customers. When setting delivery times and costs, you must include the manufacturing time (between 2 and 4 days for example). You can even be more transparent by explaining the process of shipping your products in the FAQ section of your website or on a separate “Shipping” page.
Furthermore, you have the option to combine the shipping costs with the selling price of your products and then present a free shipping offer to your customers. This is a strategy that is guaranteed to attract customers.
Design Original Models
A picture is worth a thousand words. There is nothing more important than the models of your products. It is with your models (also called mockups) that you will give more value to your sales pages and more life to your products. That’s why it is recommended to invest in their design in order to further capture the attention of customers.
If you don’t know how to do it, there is a variety of on demand printing services that will help you. The creation of original models can also be done thanks to professional photo and video editing software (Photoshop for example). In this case, you will be able to use model templates available on the Mockup World or Behance platforms.
Choosing a Profitable Niche
Just like in dropshipping, your e-commerce/on demand printing website will be credible and more profitable only if the activity you carry out there is part of a specific niche. It will therefore be necessary to effectively target your audience and propose suitable products. This helps to improve your profits and customer satisfaction.
Here are some profitable niches that work with on demand printing:
- On demand printing of t-shirt,
- On demand printing of mugs, accessories for animals,
- On demand printing of bracelets, phone cases, notebooks, hoods, shoes, etc…
Benefits of On Demand Printing
On demand printing has many advantages.
The creation of your products is quite convenient with the Print on demand, as you will mainly work on your design, and even with a reduced investment.
You will also be able to test your ideas on concrete objects. The sale takes only a few minutes.
Additionally, in case your product fails to attract customers or generate sales, you will have the possibility of withdrawing your product from the online store or improving your approach.
Finally, you only pay your on demand printing provider when you sell your product. He or she is responsible for shipping orders while you simply provide customer service.
The Limits Of On Demand Printing
On Demand printing, however, presents some significant obstacles.
- The trap of fixing sales prices: unlike the unit price of a bulk order in dropshipping, the sale of items will be more expensive and will leave rather low-profit margins. It should be noted that this is linked to the method of fixing selling prices and the method of acquisition of customers.
- Customization is difficult to control: you are far from having control over the customization of the product for sale. The on demand printing supplier will have a say. Customization may also depend on the type of printed item, its weight, sizes, printing techniques, etc.
- A variation in shipping costs: Depending on the type of product, shipping costs can be expensive. In such case, unpacking options may be limited.