Name Card Printing: Do's and Don'ts
Do you already know all the advantages of handing out name cards? A few years ago, we used to get many of these little cards every time we went shopping, walking in the park, or visiting a mall.
However, with the advent of smartphones and advances in digitization, some companies stopped using them.
Our recommendation? Go against the grain!
As we mentioned, name cards are very beneficial for businesses, so we are sure that you will be able to take advantage of them to boost your project and achieve success.
But wait! There are certain things that you must bear in mind so that your name cards are perfect and we will explain them to you! Learn about the Do's and Don'ts of name card printing here.
Colors and Images!
- Do use colors for what is known as "interest and emphasis." It means that you should use colors and shades in contrast to your image. These can be from your logo or pictures.
- Do combine the color tones. If you have bright colors in your image or logo, use black or other colors that match and work with them. On the other hand, if the colors are opaque, like earthy or pastel, follow that color scheme and look for more strategic combinations.
- Don't use a photo of yourself if the business is not personal. Headshots are only appropriate when you offer services or when personal relationships are a crucial factor, as in the case of real estate agents.
- Don't print in bulk without first making a sample print. Print a name card before batches to verify that everything is fine and that the layout works as expected.
- Do check the alignment of the text while you design and at the time of printing. Left aligning has been shown to make reading more comfortable, as centered text tends to appear cluttered and difficult to read.
- Do limit your name card to only two types of fonts. Using more than one kind can completely mess up the design.
- Don't use light colors that are difficult to read for the text. Pay close attention to this aspect when printing your name card sample. When printing, the colors may fade a bit, making the text unreadable.
- Don't mix different font or text sizes in order to print your name cards clearly.
- Do keep a simple and clean design. Avoid overloading your name card with too many visual elements, and consider using its reverse if you need space for more information.
- Do use bleeds to spread colored backgrounds or images on the edge of the card to give it a more professional appearance.
- Don't cut too close to the margins. Leave logos and images away from the edges and leave a few millimeters of extra space in case of cutting errors.
- Don't use a non-standard size or shape. You can innovate but within the rules. This way, you will take advantage of all the benefits of the name cards.
- Do combine the lining of your name card with the purposes of your company. There are many name card printing styles, but you should choose the one that suits your goals.
- Don't use cheap and thin paper. Customers will evaluate your name card to know the quality of your product or service.
We hope this information is useful to you now that you want to design or print your name card. Read again what we explain here, put it into practice and get a powerful namecard done now!